Jam Orange was founded in August 2015 by a group of Orange musicians and music enthusiasts to create and advance opportunities for the performance, development and recording of independent music, of all types and genres, within the Central West of NSW. We are a community-based, not-for profit incorporated association established to:
- Develop and promote regular musical events including festivals, concerts, “jam” sessions and “open mic” nights.
- Support, promote and encourage prospective and established local venues to host live music events.
- Support and develop the skills of local musicians in areas of presentation, song writing and composition, recording, lighting, video and other production techniques through workshops and mentoring programs.
- Provide advocacy for local music and musicians.
- Become a point of contact for the wider community seeking information about local music, musicians and events.
- Comment publicly where appropriate on professional issues of relevance to our membership.
- Affiliate with other like-minded organisations to the benefit of our membership.
Jam Orange activities are carried out on a volunteer basis by the coordinating committee and other interested people who want to give time and energy to nurture music.
The Jam Orange Committee as of November 2023 are:
President: Lisa Cunial
Vice President: Rosco Brain
Treasurer: Susan Slattery
Membership Secretary: Susan Slattery